Resource & Software for automatic production planning allows the simulation of production needs and supply requests, based on the availability of logical and physical resources, cycles and planning lists, availability profiles of critical materials and semi-finished products and related allocation rules.
Main features of production planning and scheduling software
Within the process of estimating a company’s production capacities necessary to achieving economic objectives and useful to supporting changes in the economic scenario, capacity planning:
- Manages medium/long-term capacity planning, taking into account the constraints and life cycle of the entire supply chain. Through high-level financial indicators, it provides a synthetic view of the impact of production budgets on the supply chain
- Estimates the resources needed to match different physical, logistic, financial and production constraints for planning alternative production and supply scenarios
- Offers multi-plant balancing criteria in order to reach shared market goals by optimizing single and multisite operational constraints and capacities
- Fine-tunes the medium-term finite capacity competitive model by syncing weekly production and supply plans
- Simulate and benchmark different tactical scenarios based on a customized selection of standard KPIs
- Improved interaction and impact of the production budget on the supply chain
- Simplified and improved accuracy of resource need estimation
- Improved visibility of material needs and supplier capacity
- Reserve of supply capacity
- Definition of a shared market goal with balanced multi-plant criteria
- Fine-tuning of medium-term finite capacity competitive model
- Simulation and benchmarking of different tactical scenarios based on a customized selection of standard KPIs
Features of sedApta Suite Resources & Supply Planning
The Resources & Supply Planning (R&SP) tool included in the sedApta Suite allows the adjustment of procurement plans and fulfilment decisions, based on simulation and business rule capability to support the solving of complex interactions between different processes and sites, by leveraging:
- Multi-site simulations
- Analysis of financial and production KPIs
- What-if analysis (multi-scenario) based on in-memory-database
- Constraint types (Hard to Soft)
In addition, the sedApta tool supports users in demand planning through the identification and optimization of critical steps, based on exploration rules like “at least” and “at most” and on the availability of resources and materials
R&SP consists of 4 modules:
They trust us
This module is used for cross-plant simulation and supports two allocation approaches.
Capacity-based demand routing: R&SP dynamically allocates requests across multiple sites, comparing the requested capacity with the available capacity of each site. Starting from a priority based on individual items or on available site demand, R&SP:
- Runs an “all sites” simulation in order of priority: the system will then allocate demand to the preferred site as long as there is available capacity, and will reroute demand to alternative sites only when the preferred site is at full capacity
- Runs a “capacity level” simulation: the system will allocate demand to different sites, in order to achieve a similar saturation level across all sites
- Runs a “preferred site only” simulation: demand will only be allocated to the primary site, to display any load in excess of the site
Fixed demand routing: R&SP allocates demand to different paths, via static rules that do not depend on the capacity of each site.
In order to validate demand forecasting and perform effective production planning, the module is useful for evaluating existing capacity of physical, logical and economic resources. A simulation engine accurately dimensions the entire production system, including internal resources, suppliers, subcontractors and workforce.
This module enables strategic or long-term demand planning, evaluating the existing capacity of physical, logical and economic resources. A simulation engine estimates the accurate dimension of the entire production system, including internal resources, suppliers, subcontractors and workforce.
The system offers unique functionality based on a Unified Data Model that:
- Helps in the decision-making process, based on demand expected from the sales force, recurring orders, stock and replenishment policies
- At each site, supports production planning across multiple production sites considering the availability of key resources (machines, tools, materials, human).
For example, the production planner can evaluate and forecast product mix scenarios. As part of a high-synergy integrated process it can:
- Access the capacity and stock realignment
- Work on a series of incoming scenarios
- Take advantage of S&OP output in terms of volume constraints and unit costs.
Thanks to this integration type, it is possible to promptly process different scenarios, increasing reliability and reactivity.