Order Promising is a finite-capacity order scheduling (or dating) tool that provides a complete picture of supply and demand, taking into consideration the availability of stock, production plans and distribution rules configured by customers.
- Proposes customer order delivery dates, analysing warehouse availability and the master production schedule
- Logically partitions warehouse availability, using service lanes and avoiding product uptake between different customer orders
- Configures sort and allocation rules at any aggregation level (e.g. sales channel, customer, family or item)
- Manages shortage situations by using a scalable library of fair share policies
- Forces proposed date, coverage composition and executes manual allocation and de-allocation
- Simulates different business scenarios and assesses them through a set of standard configurable KPIs
- Service level improvement
- Stock level control and reduction
- Inventory cost reduction
- Standard rules for order fulfilment
- Sales force rationalization
- Transportation rationalization
Features of sedApta Suite Order Promising
Order Promising is the sedApta Suite tool crucial to organizing customer orders. It has three modules:
Arranges customer order delivery dates based on interactive simulations characterized by service-level assignment criteria and heuristics that verify inventory availability and production plans in the processing, production and supply stages.
Supports the formation and definition of different sorting rules, including required delivery date, status, priority, any penalties and transportation constraints.
Through an advanced and assisted GUI platform, allows manual order fulfilment (partial, split or total), and action on process allocation outcomes.