Inventory management of product stocks is an essential element to optimize the logistics service level and fulfil customer expectations.
For this reason, in the logistics and distribution chain, stock management should include solid inventory planning.
Inventory Management is the advanced system for defining infinite capacity replenishment plans through the analysis of:
- Sales forecasts and their reliability
- Target service level
Main features of inventory management software
- Plans monthly target stock profiles, finding the best trade-off between service level, coverage depth and inventory management costs.
- Configures different coverage policies at different product/market aggregation levels and calculates target stock for every logical node in the logistics network
- Generates a Master Production Schedule by conciliating monthly strategic targets with real stock availability according to a set of inventory policies
- Calculates the replenishment plan for every logical node in the logistics network and allows top-down and bottom-up analysis of stock coverage, replenishment and trends
- Forces service levels, safety stock, target stock and replenishment values
- Service-level improvement, limiting stock-outs
- Inventory cost reduction, by reducing surplus stock
- Improved profit margins, through the application of targeted replenishment policies
- Supply cost reduction, with the option of forward planning
- Optimized stock control in relation to individual distribution warehouses
- Logistics cost reduction linked to stock transfers
Features of sedApta Suite Inventory Management
Inventory Management is the advanced system of sedApta Suite for warehouse inventory management.
The two analytical modules in this tool are capable of ensuring the achievement of important strategic advantages:
Inventory Control is the component that helps determine the replenishment plan for each node on the logistics chain. Through the simulation of multiple scenarios, the tool allows users to determine the best inventory policy, considering the target service level, stock coverage objectives and characteristics and constraints of the logistics chain (e.g. supplier lead times).
The module calculates optimum safety stock using a mathematical engine. Compliant determination of the service level is ensured through reliability of the forecast curves and the financial and logistics parameters.