Business process modelling and monitoring are fundamental activities for companies operating in the Industry 4.0 context. Redefining processes along the entire Supply Chain is a key strategy for companies that intend to remain competitive. The adoption of a collaborative, cross-functional and integrated approach has to be capable of facilitating interoperability between the functions involved and define future actions based on a single operating plan.
Processes reach their optimum efficiency objectives when managed with a view to resource orchestration. This type of planning, the process monitoring and measurement actions involving limited critical resources (in terms of people, capacity, materials, time and money) are balanced and dynamically coordinated in “event-driven” scenarios, so as to satisfy the needs of a continuously changing market.
- Modelling of “as-is” and “to be” processes
- Business process runtime management
- Correct assignment of tasks to users
- Process and task monitoring
- Process analytics on relevant KPIs
- Redesign of processes, production and supply chain activities to reach new levels of maturity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Enable interoperability between different software applications.
- Coordinate daily business activities and specific goals.
- Manage change and needs in relation to business processes and different activities.
- Support the workforce in performing new tasks.
- Certify quality in business procedures.
Orchestrator: component of the sedApta Suite web ecosystem
Orchestrator, is the sedApta Suite tool for business process design and management which is part of O.S.A, the web ecosystem created by sedApta. Through the integration with Suite components and interaction with third-party products, Orchestrator allows you to:
- Choose between using ready-made process and task catalogues or designing customised ones
- Use standard process models for industry
- Manage work plans and action plans through personal widgets
- Monitor & manage process KPIs through task-specific dashboards, thanks to the integration with Analytics.
- Correctly assign tasks to users thanks to User Task Boards
- Monitor processes and tasks through use of the standard BPMN 2.0 notation and process catalogues and tasks to support Smart Manufacturing by means of the web-based application for monitoring processes and operations
- Carry out process analysis on relevant KPIs, thanks to the integration with Analytics
- Integrate each task with Performance Support, thanks to native integration with the Skillaware platform
- Run several instances of the same process at the same time.