The best production scheduler for your company
Scheduling is the first step in the construction of a production plan. It is a global production planning activity that assigns a sequence of activities to each resource (mechanical, digital, human), taking advantage of production process simulation.
Main features of a software for industrial production scheduling
A software that works as a work scheduler for planning and optimizing industrial production:
- Manages the global scheduling of plant production resources and capacities, taking into account customer order priorities and constraints in order to respect delivery deadlines and service levels
- Supports the optimization of production sequences, reducing plant set-up times and product transformation lead times
- Manages all incoming raw materials as needed for the production process, synchronizing procurement plans, quality control and material handling
- Enables simulation and benchmarking of alternative production scenarios with related KPI analysis, “what if” analyses, and change propagation
- Enhances production scheduling generation, so that short-term plans match tactical planning and synchronizes them with actual production.
Benefits of a production scheduling software
Scheduling business production activities brings several strategic benefits:
- Improve finite capacity work plan and customer order tracking.
- Production lead time reduction.
- Inter-operational and line buffer reduction.
- Prompt call for materials from suppliers.
- Inventory level cost reduction.
Features of Factory Scheduling, the sedApta Suite component for web-based production plan optimization
Within the sedApta Suite, Factory Scheduling is the tool for global production planning and dynamic allocation of production orders.
Factory Scheduling allows users to create a production plan, balancing medium/long-term production objectives with short term optimization needs. It supports:
- Finite capacity resource scheduling
- Production sequence optimization
- Materials management
- Multi-scenario analysis
They trust us