The thyssenkrupp Presta AG leads the business unit for steering systems through thyssenkrupp Steering, which is a manufacturer of innovative and qualitatively exceptional steering systems. thyssenkrupp top-end services have resulted being one of the largest manufacturers in the world of steering systems, and the global market leader in steering columns. The cold forging business area, with its unique manufacturing using weight and cost-saving “net shape” methods, is the technology leader in the field of cold forging. Overall, a total of approx. 8,500 employees worldwide work in 17 plants and development facilities in Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Germany, France, Poland, Hungary, Mexico, Brazil, the USA, China and Japan, where steering systems for more than 20 million vehicles per year are developed and produced. The core of this Business Unit is in Eschen, Liechtenstein, with approx. 2,500 employees. The team focuses on helping to shape mega trends: autonomous driving, connectivity and power train electrification.
- Review all cycles and technical data: setup and processing times, main and alternative resources and any missing phases
- Enter the missing cycles
- Manage Bills of Materials
- Perform the planning in a correct and structured way
- Create a feasible and balanced Main Production Plan.
The modules identified as critical elements of the solution refer to the following components of the sedApta suite:
- Resource & Supply Planning (in each individual plant and for cross plant functionalities)
- Factory Scheduling
- Inventory Management
The main functionalities of the ONE V&OP (Volume & Operations Planning) Project includes the following:
- Rolling (weekly to daily) Capacity Planning (or MPS master production scheduling) and load balancing in a range of 12 months on a weekly granularity considering:
- immediate visibility on the virtual stock levels for raw materials as well as for finished goods as a consequence of the planners simulations
- detailed BoM information (bill-of-process and bill of material) for each part number
- customer call-off and packaging information
- supplier capacity information
- supplier in transit material and delivery notes
- on-hand stock information (warehouse for buy parts and order progress for make parts)
- transportation calendar
- lot-size rules
- dynamic production order generation based on lot size rules and production rhythm – Every Part Every Interval (EPEI)
- production patterns including EPEI logic for individual parts/part families
- packaging lot-size rules.