BeCo Matratzen GmbH & Co. KG, based in Lübbecke, Germany, is an innovative family-owned company that has been in the business for more than 70 years. It is specialized in the development, production and distribution of box springs, mattresses, bedding and storage beds. The company achieves such quality levels thanks to the use of high-quality raw materials, implementation of safe and efficient production processes, proper use of workforce skills, collaboration with experts and medical professionals, regular quality checks, and continuous process improvement.
BeCo was looking for a flexible and powerful IT solution to map and digitalize warehouse and transportation management, as such a software was not yet in use. It is important to highlight that the project was launched before sedApta was established, using products that have since become the company’s technological assets. With the establishment of sedApta, the customer chose to confirm the strong partnership and continue to benefit from its services, thus demonstrating long-term trust in sedApta and the quality of services offered.
The current solution utilizes the key2operate solution by sedApta GmbH.
By integrating a goods management system through the sedApta solution, the following processes could be tracked:
- Confirmation and reservation of production orders in the warehouse
- Transfer of warehouse issues with creation of corresponding delivery notes
- Transfer of warehouse receipts with delivery note recording
- Reducing missed deliveries by using supervisor approval in loading tours
- Stabilization of the production plan by reducing the need for urgent production of missing items for shipment
- Creation of delivery notes for orders from external production sites
- Management of returns through scrap workflow
- Workflow for defective product recycling process
- Mapping of finished goods inventories
- Annual inventory improvement.