An holistic approach to maintenance, where reliability and risk management are balanced through the whole organization, represent a key point for the optimization of plant results. To move forward towards this direction, the key resources that need to be identified and adapted to the company new needs are mainly found in the software tools for the management of the company’s information systems.
Smart Asset Management is the Suite component created to support maintenance teams in their daily work. Indeed, the tool:
- Classifies assets into categorizes and organizes the related documentation, reducing the time needed to create and reference important information at the plant and corporate level.
- Supports maintenance departments within the plants to perform their jobs more effectively.
- Helps in Tracking activities and information with respect to all the different maintenance orders.
- Assists planning of future activity. Knowing when machines are likely to breakdown and the costs of those failures, technicians can make smart decisions on when to plan maintenance.
- Monitors maintenance, both planned and in response to emergencies, generating reports and documents both at the plant and corporate level.
Smart Asset Management supports the following key activities for maintenance management:
- Programmed Maintenance, inspects and corrects incipient failures, either before they occur or before they can turn into major defects.Conditional Maintenance
- Condition based maintenance, is triggered by measurements and events from the shop floor such as: measurements of noise, vibrations, temperature, pressure and machines cycles. According to the values received, SAM calculates the number of times a constraint is violated, automatically creating a maintenance task.
- Corrective Maintenance, is carried out after a failure is detected and aims to restore an asset to a condition in which it can perform its intended functions.
The main features that allows SAM to be the perfect tool for maintenance management are:
- Reception and elaboration of assets management models developed at the Headquarter level.
- Plant-specific models instance.
- Errors management.
- Planning and management of preventive maintenances.
- Autonomous execution of routine maintenance.
- Spare parts management.
- Errors analysis.
- KPIs e reports generation.
What are the Benefits?
- Reduction of downtimes and related costs thanks to the integration with Analytics and the modules for production planning and forecast.
- Increase in operative efficiency
- Assets lifecycle optimization