The Global Textile Scheme Initiative is a joint venture of companies from all areas of textile value chains. The goal is to improve the efficiency of the exchange of such data, that are either particularly labour-intensive or of high strategic value across company boundaries for faster and resilient supply chains.
After a successful implementation of a Pilot Project in July 2020, the implementation initiative called “Global Textile Scheme Initiative” officially started at end of September, supported by the GermanFashion Modeverband e.V.
Expected key advantages are:
- lower costs, better data quality and more flexible
- Increase visibility between the various companies in the supply chain
- Speed up the flow of information
- Make the entire supply chain more reactive
- Break the barriers between different organizations by overcoming the limits of peer to peer integrations
- Centralize and harmonize data, both of product and materials
sedApta joined the “Collaborative Planning & Forecasting” stream, which is one of the current three open streams of the initiative.
sedApta brings to the initiative the following added-values:
- Long and in-depth experience of implementation of collaborative planning projects
- Providing the platform with a support of modern planning tools already used by the major leader companies in the sector
Paolo Barbagallo, sedApta Group Industry Manager for Fashion&Luxury, is our representative for this important initiative. In his interview (see Fashion&Luxury after Covid-19 article), Paolo stated that “visibility is a non-negotiable element for a resilient and agile supply chain. Data are key in order to have the full picture and must be integrated automatically in a flexible way in one single point, removing the integration barriers of the old legacy systems”. The GTS initiative goes exactly in this direction.
For more details, click on GLOBAL TEXTILE SCHEME INITIATIVE!