In the Food & Beverage Industry, it is fundamental finding the right trade-off between the need for customer satisfaction in terms of timeliness, quality and product renovation, and the inventory optimization, taking into account perishability and seasonality constraints.
It is important to pay close attention to the logistic and distribution system, usually very complex and fragmented, characterized by a network of production plants, sales branches, distribution warehouses and suppliers.
Flexibility is the main goal that every company in this Industry seek, by improving and coordinating business processes, but also through the adoption of extremely complex and agile tools. The primary objective of the sedApta Suite is to provide decision support at global supply chain level – and not only at plant level – according to 3 keywords: global process orchestration, cooperation among process owners, and process measure & government.
The Supply Chain government and measure is possible through the orchestration of the following fundamental processes:
- Final product coverage and related stock levels.
- Management of production peaks due to commercial promotions.
- Balanced planning of loads and volumes respecting the typical Industry constraints.
- Constrained scheduling and optimization of production plans.
- Raw materials and packaging purchase scheduling.
- Accurate monitoring and traceability of production lines.
Solutions based on the sedApta Suite have been successfully implemented for several customers in Food & Beverage Industry.
In particular, some of our success stories are:
- Drogheria e Alimentari