The definition and management of business processes are fundamental activities for the companies that operates in the manufacturing 4.0 context. Redefining processes along the Supply Chain, in particular, is a key point for companies. These processes represent an important element to reach optimal efficiency levels through the adoption of a collaborative, cross-functional and integrated approach capable of facilitating negotiation activities among the different functions for the definition of a single operative plan. Processes reach these objectives when managed in a “orchestrated” manner, where critical resources (in terms of people, capacity, materials, time and money) are balanced and dynamically coordinated in “end-driven” scenarios, as to satisfy the needs of a continuously changing market.
Orchestrator, is the Business Process Management Component that lets you rethink, remodel and automatically execute processes in cross-platform and cross-role workflows and allows you to:
- Choose between using ready-made process and task catalogues or designing specific ones.
- Use standard process blueprints for vertical industries.
- Create custom process and task catalogues.
- Manage work plans and tasks through personal widgets
- Monitor & manage process KPI through task-specific dashboards, thanks to the integration with Analytics.
- Run different instances of the same process at the same time.
- Modelling of “as-is” and “to be” Processes, using the BPMN 2.0 standard and dedicated Process Catalogues and Task Catalogues for smart manufacturing.
- Management of runtime business process execution exploiting the integration with sedApta Suite components along with the interoperation with third-party products.
- Assignment of tasks to the right subjects, thanks to User Task Boards.
- Process and Task Monitoring – a web based application for process monitoring and operations.
- Process Analytics on relevant KPIs, thanks to the native integration with Analytics.
- Integration with Performance Support on each task, due to the native integration with Skillaware.
- Redesign Processes, Productive Activities, and Supply Chain Activities to move towards new levels of maturity, efficiency and efficacy.
- Enable the interoperability of heterogeneous software applications.
- Coordinate daily business activities and tasks.
- Manage changes and needs for business processes and activities.
- Support workforces in performing new tasks.
- Certify quality in business procedures.
- Monitor process execution and performance.